Monday, August 13, 2012

My Kitchen Wish List


 MY KITCHEN WISHLIST

First of all, I have a really small kitchen. It is still so much in the “progressive” stage meaning it still has a long way to go to being my dream kitchen. From the looks of it, I might actually need a big one. It should be a spacious one but one that is designed ergonomically. Maybe I should include an interior designer and carpenter in my wishlist.

For those who know me, I am a foodie. While I cannot absolutely claim that I am a fantastic cook, I would say that I can cook a decent meal and a couple of baked goodies. Being a foodie does not mean you are a great cook too. You can be a foodie and have no idea how to boil an egg. My work, being in setting up restaurants for other people, also requires me to know more a lot about food. So having a nice kitchen would be a good “accessory” to my profession too, as I sometimes have a need to test recipes on my own or to test different food styling designs.

Going back, this wishlist would be a birthday and Christmas wishlist (they are close to each other) that will apply only to my kitchen. There will be another list for the other parts of my house.

So as I was saying, while I aim in the process of really putting together my kitchen, now is the perfect time to slowly (or quickly would be a good adverb too!) acquire small and medium kitchen appliances that I have always dreamed about. So here goes:

1.      A bread maker
If coffee enthusiasts have coffee makers and espresso machines, there's the bread maker for the bread lover. While you can always make bread and use a regular oven, the bread maker makes baking a lot easier because you just dump the ingredients together and shoot into the bread maker and voila! Your bread is done. It is great for small bread consumptions only though and not for industrial use. What could be better than having freshly baked wheat bread for breakfast or dinner rolls for supper?

2.      Barbecue Rotisserie
While it is an item usually found in the homes of the rich and famous, it is a fabulous equipment to have in your home. Why? Because it is a versatile equipment for all your barbecue needs. Barbecue rotisseries  are great equipment for people who want to grill their food most of the time for dietay reasons or to prepare something special for the Holidays or a party or even just a regular weekend dinner. It does not take up much of the space needed usually required of older versions of rotisseries.

3.      An ice cream maker
I have made ice cream the hard, slow, manual way in one of my college major courses. And I tell you it's difficult, for me at least, and my groupmates. Well, you might say, why don't you just buy ice cream from the supermarket or your friendly neighborhood convenience store? Well, wouldn't you want to show off sometimes? Or to just experiment with our local fruits? The reasons I have are very petty even impractical. But anyway, this is a wishlist in the first place.

So there you have it. Three of the most coveted things I want in my kitchen. There are several others like a top-of-the-line knife set, a giant mandolin, a sous vide equpment but right now, the three above are my heart's desire.




No comments:

Post a Comment