Wednesday, August 10, 2011

The Gift of Friendship

Parents wish a lot of good things for their children: good health, safety, good future and other beautiful things in life. One of the blessings I wish my children would have is the gift of friendship.

My life has been one long loop of moving around. Born in Zambonaga, studied in Tarlac, high school in Pangasinan then Manila and now back to Mindanao in General Santoss City. As they say, north to south!

In 34 years, I have made so many friends that if I ever visit any major city in Luzon, Visayas or Mindanao, there will be somebody who will "adopt" me or there is somebody I have to meet up with or visit. I love it and I am very thankful for it!

I am very fortunate to have friends who keep in touch, who drop everything when you're in town and who you know, even without them saying, that they think of you and pray for you.

So when I travel, I really make an effort to meet up with them or to just stay updated about them. Not so difficult nowadays with mobile and online conveniences.

Now that they are still small, whenever possible, I bring my kids along when meeting up with friends or show them the kinds of friends that I have. So that they see the happiness and the love that comes from having great friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment