Friday, March 5, 2010

Spending time with each of your children

Have you ever gone on a leisure or shopping trip alone with one of your children? Not all of them or some of them but with just one of them.

As you may already know, I have three little kids, two older girls and the youngest is a baby boy. More often than not, when we go out, I bring the two girls with me and leave my baby boy at home or vice versa. When on weekend getaways, it's usually all of them. We do get to spend quality and quantity time with them in all these manners either with my husband or just me.

At the same time, I try to spend them with one of them only. When I do that, I can feel my child basking in the attention of being alone with me. They feel very special being taken on this trip with me. Not that they don't like being with their siblings but they love the time that you are all that matters to me at that moment.

It sure is not easy to arrange these one-on-one dates because, as kids, they want to tag along to every trip to everywhere. What I do is do it during irregular class days when one of them gets of from school earlier than usual.

When you spend time alone with one of your children, you get to know them better. They show their personality more and most importantly, you make them really happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment