Tuesday, January 26, 2010

It is possible!

Before I got married, I was the kind of person who loved to be at work or working. I loved to get busy and be involved. Sometimes, I think I take so much pleasure in being harassed and given more work!

When my first born, Camille, was born, I had to change my work life. At that moment, I decided that my family was going to be my priority. It was the statement that has guided me for more than 6 years now. The decision has always been easy because I have chosen my priority ahead.

At the same time, there is a part of me that wants to use my education and my capabilities not just for the kids' homeworks and homemaking. In the previous years, when I got a big project there was always a helper or my mother who took over my household and my kids while I work away. I get engrossed with work when I know that there is a trustworthy somebody who makes sure the house is clean and in order and the kids are fed good food. But in my current situation, I cannot afford to be working and not taking care of my kids at all.

So now I have decided to be REALLY be there for my children and my husband. I choose projects that will not take away my time for the kids and my husband but still give me that sense of fulfillment every woman wants. Not that I was not there for them but sometimes, I was not. This is one of my dreams: to be an attentive and caring mother like my own mommy while being able to do what I like to do among them, work, see my friends and use my brain!

Yes, it is possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment